Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Deleting _RESTORE folder?

• Please log in to reply

TinHead

TinHead

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Hi there, Jus woundering how i delete my _RESTORE folder?? iv disabled but still cant delete it :S iv tryd jus deleting it normaly but says i cant cos the source may be in use?? the only things i can see in there is scan disks etc... that take up approximitly 1.25gigz????? i only have 10 gigs on my HD lolz :tazz:
anyway, also looking for advice wether this is a good or bad idea?? i see no use for it.

Thanks A million

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Those are your backup files to restore your system in case of problems. You're only going to gain about a gigabyte by deleting it. If you need more room you might want to consider getting a good used 10-30 gigabyte drive to add to the system. Installling a drive much larger than that will be a lot more complicated, you would have to get a new one with instructions and software and follow the instructions carefully. :tazz:

TinHead

TinHead

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
hmmm... true, well i was concidering reformating as my computer is being
a bit sus :S hmmm when i disabled the restore file from last time i reformated
why did it not work?? why is it still storing info ?? i need all the space i can get
for games lolz ;) :tazz:

Edited by TinHead, 20 June 2005 - 07:34 PM.

Scenix

Scenix

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Tinhead

You might want to get a new machine, ME is disappearing down the sewer - a lot of newer games aren't supported!

Its a bummer I know, my PC's three years old and can still cut it on spec's but ME kicks me where it hurts!

TinHead

TinHead

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
yeah i no ;) im currently only playing counter... maybe when i upgrade ill
move onto source but personaly im not a big fan of source.. ;)
i like ME betta then XP.. even tho xp is suppose to be alot easyer to use
i think ME is alot easyer :tazz: i have less hassels with ME then i do xp :tazz:

Scenix

Scenix

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I think DOS was a lot easier to use, I sure could find things easier.

Just like cars, they used to fit engines so you could put your hands in, now they wedge them in and can't touch them unless you're four years old!

Anyway, XP was rumoured at the time to have problems with older software, so I got ME. Oh [bleep], decisions, decisions.

Wonder if you could have a dual OS machine - two hdd's seperate with a flick switch so you could swap between the two?!

Oh, and I'd 'go' with Tyger - get a new harddrive, smallish one should be dirt cheap.

TinHead

TinHead

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
lol yeah... i only got 1 game and a few apps and thats 9 gigs gone >_< i currently only have 900 megs left.... my restore file is 1.25 gigs :\ why is my HD so full i wouldnt have a clue :\

TinHead

TinHead

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
im probly in the rong place for this... but for some reason my Wireless Optical mouse jus stoppd working while i was playing a game?? iv changed the batteries iv even tryd pluggin in the other wireless optical mouse and they still both wont work.... Iv plugged in my old ball mouse and its going fine... its near new... so cant be broken already???? its neva done this sorta thing before :\ so im stumpd...
anyone no wat could be rong??

Thanks.