Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Unknown Application

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 5 posts
this might sound stupid but i was wondering if there was a way to change back the file association of a file back to unknown application so it doesn't open with anything. I had accidently opened a file with an inappropriate program and i want it to go back to just opening with unknown application. thanks

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Got to Start>Run, type in regedit, when regedit opens go to H-Key Classes Root, look for the file type your wnat to be diassociated, left click the folder, on the left you will see the register entries, right click on the icon for the program you want to disassociate and choose Delete. It will usually be the the default program that you want to remove. :tazz: