Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Loading Bios Help - New PC Build

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Alright, so heres what I have going right now;

I just built a new PC using an ATX case and a Pentium 4 LGA 775 Biostar I915P A7 Motherboard. My CPU is a Pentium 4 3.06 533Mhz. I have one 1.0GB Single Channel DDRAM. For my video card I installed a PCI Express Asus N6600 256Mb.

Now, everything works, persay. When I turn on the computer, the fans go on and I also have use of the disc drive. The computer loads to a Biostar screen, where it just stays stagnant. No BIOS ever shows up. I can't hit delete on the keyboard to enter CMOS. I've tried attatching floppy drives and using different backup CD's for XP and just newer BIOS. I've switched hard drives to see if it had to do with the fact that my orginal was a SATA as opposed to the IDE. Its as if something may be waiting to be triggered or initiated or processed, but isn't happening. I need BIOS to run, but it won't no matter what I do.

I need somebody'd help. I come to you my guru's of computer geeks to help me out of this situation. Please, either post back on this board or email me at Tuesday451@hotmail.com

PS: I guess the term for what i'm dealing with is no POST ? So how do I go about initiating POST?

Edited by tuesday451, 20 June 2005 - 09:58 AM.

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Try clearing the cmos to see if that helps if not follow this trouble shooter