Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

gmail not recognising my password or username

• Please log in to reply

yooser

yooser

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Hello,

A couple of days ago I tried to access my googlemail account and found it didn't recognise either my password or username,I've tried all the known ways to reset the password and user but it sends the one off security number to the email address I can't access !

When I try to verify my account I get a response --' Unfortunately Google couldn't verify ( email address) belongs to you ', I've had this address for over 10 years.

I'm using windows 7 on a PC and have tried all the suggestions of ,clearing cache,removing security add only temporarily ,I seem to be going around in circles and getting nowhere ! I can access all my other sites such as Paypal and Ebay.

I'm not the most clued up person on computers but this has me puzzled, I changed to another account so as to access the sites that were most important to me.

Any ideas or help will be greatly appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails

• Error email message.02.JPG
  • Google code.JPG

Advertisements

yooser

yooser

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

I've tried Windows Network Diagnostics and a problem was detected which stated ( Windows can't find a computer or device named cgi-bin ), I really haven't a clue how to solve this part !

I won't fiddle about in case I make the problem any worse !

Any help will be appreciated, Thanks.