Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Google Chrome and You Tube issues

• Please log in to reply

Cosima F

Cosima F

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi, I'm new,

I just got a new iphone just before Thanksgiving and everything synced over just fine but I noticed yesterday when I went into YouTube that all of my content for the past 3 years was gone. I could do a search for my name and saw some of it but I have no way of accessing that account or even knowing what email address they have. Since YouTube works with Google Chrome account, I can't change the email address and if I try to add a new account, it just goes back to default old email address that I can't access because it reverted to yahoo mail and it sends support email to the very email you can't access. This has been one huge mess and I don't know what happened. You can't even find support from Google, Chrome or You tube except through a forum and nobody has answered. I think I must've been prompted to sign in on new phone using Chrome account and since then it has reverted to old email address. I'm paying for You tube family premium and it no longer shows that I have it on my account but monthly receipt gets sent to my apple icloud email account on phone. You can't sign into You Tube with apple ID either. I hope somebody can help me figure out how to get my you tube content back at least if nothing else.

Edited by Cosima F, 06 December 2020 - 04:36 PM.

Advertisements