Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Application Failed to Start Because no QT Platform Plugin-OneDrive [So

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

vtmckoy

vtmckoy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

I did the following:

C:\>Path > "%Userprofile%"\OneDrive\Desktop\Environment.txt

C:\>more "%Userprofile%"\OneDrive\Desktop\Environment.txt
PATH=C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel® Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Users\vtmck\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps

C:\>set
ALLUSERSPROFILE=C:\ProgramData
APPDATA=C:\Users\vtmck\AppData\Roaming
CommonProgramFiles=C:\Program Files\Common Files
CommonProgramFiles(x86)=C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files
CommonProgramW6432=C:\Program Files\Common Files
COMPUTERNAME=DESKTOP-SDMIR14
ComSpec=C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe
DriverData=C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\DriverData
HOMEDRIVE=C:
HOMEPATH=\Users\vtmck
LOCALAPPDATA=C:\Users\vtmck\AppData\Local
LOGONSERVER=\\DESKTOP-SDMIR14
NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=8
OneDrive=C:\Users\vtmck\OneDrive
OneDriveConsumer=C:\Users\vtmck\OneDrive
OS=Windows_NT
Path=C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel® Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Users\vtmck\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps
PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSC
PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=AMD64
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=Intel64 Family 6 Model 142 Stepping 12, GenuineIntel
PROCESSOR_LEVEL=6
PROCESSOR_REVISION=8e0c
ProgramData=C:\ProgramData
ProgramFiles=C:\Program Files
ProgramFiles(x86)=C:\Program Files (x86)
ProgramW6432=C:\Program Files
PROMPT=$P$G
PSModulePath=C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules;C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules
PUBLIC=C:\Users\Public
SystemDrive=C:
SystemRoot=C:\WINDOWS
TEMP=C:\Users\vtmck\AppData\Local\Temp
TMP=C:\Users\vtmck\AppData\Local\Temp
USERDOMAIN=DESKTOP-SDMIR14
USERDOMAIN_ROAMINGPROFILE=DESKTOP-SDMIR14
USERNAME=vtmck
USERPROFILE=C:\Users\vtmck
VBOX_MSI_INSTALL_PATH=C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\
windir=C:\WINDOWS

C:\>

That is odd as the variables indicates that the %Userprofile%=c:\Users\vtmck and the desktop should be under your profile.

Please download Farbar Service Scanner and run it.

Make sure All options are checked and press on scan.:

It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.

Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

Hi,

I downloaded this and ran it.  It stated:  "This software is not permitted for commercial purposes".  I clicked "Yes" to continue.  Before I ran it, I checked all of the options, then clicked Scan.  Attached is the FSS.txt file.  

Attached Thumbnails

• FSSoptions.PNG

Attached Files

• Attached File  FSS.txt   2.65KB   186 downloads

Advertisements

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts

I have move the topic to the Malware forum, as I may have to use special tools to check your system.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Right click FRST(64) and select Run as administrator.
  • Make sure that under Optional Scans, there is a checkmark on Addition.txt.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • The tool will also produce another log (Addition.txt ). Please attach this to your reply.

Please run this.

vtmckoy

vtmckoy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

I clicked on the link you provided to download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool.  There is a 32-bit version and a 64-bit version.  When I click on the download button, I get a screen stating that "FRST.exe is not commonly downloaded and may be dangerous".    I also get the same message for the 64-bit version--FRST64.exe. It gives me the option to discard or keep.  Should I "keep" and go ahead and download both?

Attached Thumbnails

• FRSTdangerous.PNG

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts

Yes Yours is the 64bits.

vtmckoy

vtmckoy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Attached are the requested files.  On a side note, my laptop is back to where it was prior to me running WinEditor yesterday. When I click START, Command Prompt App is not coming up and Control Panel is coming up, but not as an App.  When I click on it, it does execute and go to Control Panel configuration.

Attached Files

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts

Did you perform a System Restore?

Lets remove some orphan entries and get more information from your computer:

• Highlight the entire content of the quote box below.
Start:: 
CloseProcesses: 
S3 mfevtp; C:\Windows\system32\mfevtps.exe [509728 2019-01-15] (McAfee, Inc. -> McAfee, LLC) 
S4 McAPExe; "C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\VSCore_18_12\McApExe.exe" [X] 
S3 McAWFwk; "c:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\ActWiz\McAWFwk.exe" [X] 
S2 mccspsvc; "C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\CSP\3.1.160.0\\McCSPServiceHost.exe" [X] 
S3 mfefire; "C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\SystemCore\mfefire.exe" [X] 
S2 mfemms; "C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\SystemCore\mfemms.exe" [X] 
S2 ModuleCoreService; "C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\ModuleCore\ModuleCoreService.exe" [X] 
S2 PEFService; "C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\PEF\CORE\PEFService.exe" [X] 
S3 cfwids; C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\cfwids.sys [77144 2019-04-23] (McAfee, Inc. -> McAfee, LLC) 
R3 mfeaack; C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\mfeaack.sys [510808 2019-04-23] (McAfee, Inc. -> McAfee, LLC) 
R3 mfeavfk; C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\mfeavfk.sys [373592 2019-04-23] (McAfee, Inc. -> McAfee, LLC) 
S0 mfeelamk; C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\mfeelamk.sys [85928 2019-04-23] (Microsoft Windows Early Launch Anti-malware Publisher -> McAfee, LLC) 
R3 mfefirek; C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\mfefirek.sys [516952 2019-04-23] (McAfee, Inc. -> McAfee, LLC) 
R0 mfehidk; C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\mfehidk.sys [980824 2019-04-23] (McAfee, Inc. -> McAfee, LLC) 
R3 mfencbdc; C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\mfencbdc.sys [563528 2019-04-23] (McAfee, Inc. -> McAfee LLC.) 
S3 mfencrk; C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\mfencrk.sys [108872 2019-04-23] (McAfee, Inc. -> McAfee LLC.) 
R3 mfeplk; C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\mfeplk.sys [117592 2019-04-23] (McAfee, Inc. -> McAfee, LLC) 
R0 mfewfpk; C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\mfewfpk.sys [253784 2019-04-23] (McAfee, Inc. -> McAfee, LLC) 
S4 McAPExe; "C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\VSCore_18_12\McApExe.exe" [X] 
S3 McAWFwk; "c:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\ActWiz\McAWFwk.exe" [X] 
S2 mccspsvc; "C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\CSP\3.1.160.0\\McCSPServiceHost.exe" [X] 
S3 mfefire; "C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\SystemCore\mfefire.exe" [X] 
S2 mfemms; "C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\SystemCore\mfemms.exe" [X] 
S2 ModuleCoreService; "C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\ModuleCore\ModuleCoreService.exe" [X] 
S2 PEFService; "C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\PEF\CORE\PEFService.exe" [X] 
ContextMenuHandlers1: [McCtxMenuFrmWrk] -> {CCA9EFD3-29ED-430A-BA6D-E6BBFF0A60C2} =>  -> No File 
ContextMenuHandlers6: [McCtxMenuFrmWrk] -> {CCA9EFD3-29ED-430A-BA6D-E6BBFF0A60C2} =>  -> No File 
Filter: application/x-mfe-ipt - {3EF5086B-5478-4598-A054-786C45D75692} -  No File 
FirewallRules: [{4DD4579E-3FF6-492B-97DE-11FB49146E90}] => (Allow) C:\Users\vtmck\AppData\Roaming\Zoom\bin\airhost.exe => No File 
FirewallRules: [{824A9BFA-4A76-4028-9D86-24AE8FC04D1B}] => (Allow) C:\Users\vtmck\AppData\Roaming\Zoom\bin\airhost.exe => No File 
2020-12-02 19:09 - 2020-12-12 20:20 - 000000128 _____ () C:\Users\vtmck\AppData\Roaming\PUTTY.RND
2020-10-21 11:40 - 2020-11-15 07:04 - 000000128 ____H () C:\Users\vtmck\AppData\Local\PUTTY.RND
CMD: Dir /a:d C:\Users\vtmck\OneDrive
CMD: Dir /a:d C:\Users\vtmck
CMD: SFC /ScanNow
Zip: C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\cbs.log 
HOSTS:
CMD: Bitsadmin /Reset /Allusers
EMPTYTEMP:
End::
  • Right click on the highlighted text and select Copy.
  • Start FRST (FRST64) with Administrator privileges
  • Press the Fix button. FRST will process the lines copied above from the clipboard.
  • When finished, a log file (Fixlog.txt) will pop up and saved in the same location the tool was ran from.

Please copy and paste its contents in your next reply.

A .zip folder will be created on your desktop. Please have it attached to a reply.

vtmckoy

vtmckoy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Hi,

I did not perform a system restore; however, a few months back my laptop started making noise and would not boot.  I had a warranty and I took it to Best Buy Geek Squad.  They stated that it was the fan; however, they sent it to Dell.  It took about 3 weeks before I got it back.  Dell stated that they saw nothing wrong with the laptop and they just restored it.  I never received details from Best Buy as to exactly what was wrong.  

As far as your steps above, you told me to copy all of the highlighted text and to start FRST64 with Admin privileges.  Then you state to press FIX.  Should I paste what I copied BEFORE I hit the FIX button?  If so, where should I paste it?  Should it be pasted in the "Search" box.  I have not used this tool before.

Also, will this adversely affect anything?  This is the only decent laptop I have and I am studying a lot and need this laptop to complete my studies.

Thanks...

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts

Hi,

I did not perform a system restore; however, a few months back my laptop started making noise and would not boot.  I had a warranty and I took it to Best Buy Geek Squad.  They stated that it was the fan; however, they sent it to Dell.  It took about 3 weeks before I got it back.  Dell stated that they saw nothing wrong with the laptop and they just restored it.  I never received details from Best Buy as to exactly what was wrong.  

As far as your steps above, you told me to copy all of the highlighted text and to start FRST64 with Admin privileges.  Then you state to press FIX.  Should I paste what I copied BEFORE I hit the FIX button?  If so, where should I paste it?  Should it be pasted in the "Search" box.  I have not used this tool before.

Also, will this adversely affect anything?  This is the only decent laptop I have and I am studying a lot and need this laptop to complete my studies.

Thanks...

Copy the highlighted text. Open FRST64 and click on fix. FRST64 will get the information automatically from memory.

Try these commands:

(Open Control Panel in last used view)
%windir%\System32\control.exe

OR

(Always Open Control Panel in category view)
%windir%\explorer.exe shell:::{26EE0668-A00A-44D7-9371-BEB064C98683}

OR

(Always Open Control Panel in icons view)
%windir%\explorer.exe shell:::{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}

Let me know which ones work, and the one you like best.

vtmckoy

vtmckoy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
(Open Control Panel in last used view)   and  (Always Open Control Panel in category view)  produced the same results.  I guess if I had to choose, it would be the one below:

Attached are the 2 requested files.  Also, after the FRST tool completed, a message popped up stating that the computer needs a restart.  I assumed changes were made; but I'm about to restart.

Attached Files

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts

Open FRST64. Copy and paste the following on the search window:

cmd.exe

Click on Search Registry.

Copy and paste the resulting report.

Advertisements

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts

Hi,

Thanks...

Copy the highlighted text. Open FRST64 and click on fix. FRST64 will get the information automatically from memory.

Try these commands:

(Open Control Panel in last used view)
%windir%\System32\control.exe

OR

OR

(Always Open Control Panel in icons view)
%windir%\explorer.exe shell:::{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}

Let me know which ones work, and the one you like best.

You can create a shortcut on your desktop using any of these commands. For more icons you can browse to  C:\windows\system32\shell32.dll file and select one.

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts

Time to get some ZZZZZZZ. Will check on you in the am. Good night!

vtmckoy

vtmckoy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

cmd.exe

Attached is the SearchReg.txt file.  

You stated the following: 

You can create a shortcut on your desktop using any of these commands. For more icons you can browse to  C:\windows\system32\shell32.dll file and select one.

I am able to get "Control Panel" via the search bar; however, as I stated in a previous post, it doesn't come up as an App.  Basically, it comes up with the label "Control Panel", then underneath it is "Control Panel" again--not App.  It has "Open" as an option in the right pane; but it doesn't have anything additional like the Recent options/settings like it use to display.  I'm okay with it though.

Command Prompt doesn't come up at all in the search when I click START.

Attached Files

vtmckoy

vtmckoy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Time to get some ZZZZZZZ. Will check on you in the am. Good night!

Good night; thanks for your help!!!

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts

cmd.exe

Attached is the SearchReg.txt file.  

You stated the following: 

I am able to get "Control Panel" via the search bar; however, as I stated in a previous post, it doesn't come up as an App.  Basically, it comes up with the label "Control Panel", then underneath it is "Control Panel" again--not App.  It has "Open" as an option in the right pane; but it doesn't have anything additional like the Recent options/settings like it use to display.  I'm okay with it though.

Command Prompt doesn't come up at all in the search when I click START.

You clicked on Search Files instead of Search Registry. Can you produce the RegSearch.txt report?