Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Application Failed to Start Because no QT Platform Plugin-OneDrive [So

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

vtmckoy

vtmckoy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Good Morning,

• I'm quite sure I clicked "Search Registry" on the file I sent previously.  I just looked at it and the header states the following:
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (x64) Version: 14-12-2020
Ran by vtmck (14-12-2020 21:50:34)
Running from C:\Users\vtmck\OneDrive\Desktop
Boot Mode: Normal

================== Search Registry: "cmd.exe" ===========

• I just re-ran it again and I clicked "Search Registry" again.  The tool automatically creates the "SearchReg.txt" file.  I am not familiar with this tool; but I would think it would create a SearchFile.txt file had I clicked "Search Files"; but I could be wrong.  Attached is the latest file from 9:17am est this morning.  It has the following header:  
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (x64) Version: 14-12-2020
Ran by vtmck (15-12-2020 09:17:19)
Running from C:\Users\vtmck\OneDrive\Desktop
Boot Mode: Normal

================== Search Registry: "cmd.exe" ===========

Attached Files

Advertisements

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts

I find nothing wrong in your system. Perhaps the version of Windows was upgraded from Windows Updates, and these changes took place. You are running Windows 10 Home Version 1909,  which is the November 2019 update. You can upgrade to the May or october 2020 Update and these issues may be resolve. We wouldn't know until then.  See here. I would suggest you go to Windows Updates, download and install all updates available. Once Upgraded, let me know if resolved.

vtmckoy

vtmckoy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Thank you for your time.  So, you don't see any kind of virus infection, do you?

I guess I'll just leave it alone since I have work arounds with the few little issues.  I don't really want to do a major Windows Update at this time because I'm trying to finish some courses and don't want the updates to adversely affect anything.  I'll wait until I complete my studies before I do the update.  I think maybe it was an update that got these things out of whack.  Right now, the most important thing was getting OneDrive straightened out.  I checked and my windows system is up-to-date with security fixes and other cumulative fixes.  I think I'll wait on the Version 20H2 upgrade.

Thanks again...

Attached Thumbnails

• WindowsUpdate.PNG

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts

No sign of malware. The Feature update to version 20H2, is the latest version. It will re-name the Windows folder to Windows.old, and create a new one, just as a new installation.

I am sure that version will resolve the issues.

Use the following tool to remove tools and quarantined items:

Please download KpRm by Kernel-panik and save to your Desktop.

• Click on KpRm.exe to run the tool.

Vista/Windows 7/8/10 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.

• Put a check mark next to these items:

- Delete tools

- Delete Now

• Click the "Run" button.

automatic.png

• When the tool has finished, it will create and open a log report and  delete itself.

Best regards :)

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.