Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with pc

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

Dohnovan

Dohnovan

• PipPip
  • 99 posts

I have been having problems with my pc being way slower and booting up very slow, I am also having problems with my antivirus not working properly and something I actually forgot to mention in my previous post in the malware section of the forums before I was asked to come here is, I actually have had my computer crash on me a few times but it does not happen often.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

If the computer is a desktop can you post the brand and model name or number of the power supply (PSU).

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here, this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s. 

To publish a Speccy profile to the Web:

1. In Speccy, click File, and then click Publish Snapshot.
  2. In the Publish Snapshot dialog box, click Yes to enable Speccy to proceed.
  3. Speccy publishes the profile and displays a second Publish Snapshot. You can open the URL in your default browser, copy it to the clipboard, or close the dialog box.

Dohnovan

Dohnovan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

I'm not really sure what exactly the model name or name of the power supply is. I do believe the brand is CyberPowerPC. Heres that Speccy profile you asked for. http://speccy.pirifo...ygAjoKQrhY7R5Ln

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

We need the PSU information so you are going to have to take off the side of the case at some point to get the details for us.

Four things stand out in your Speccy report, we will get to them as they are list in Speccy but only two at a time.

Antivirus
Bitdefender Antivirus Free Antimalware You do not need this as you have Windows own Defender & Firewall.

Bitdefender removal tools here

Running: Malwarebytes Service This needs to go as well, known to cause high memory usage (which you have) + could be causing conflicts with the other AV.

Malwarebytes removal info here

Once any other AVs have been correctly uninstalled, check to see if Windows Defender has auto enabled and allow it to update and carry out a full scan of your computer, restart then post back with an update for us.  

Dohnovan

Dohnovan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

I'm gonna remove bitdefender and malwarebytes in a little bit. I need to take some time to get stuff done, it won't be long. I'm not sure what the psu info is gonna look like. Can you give me an example of what I should be looking for?

Dohnovan

Dohnovan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

I just wanna say, thank you very much for helping me out today. I'm not sure if you celebrate Christmas but it is coming up and either way, I really appreciate your help. I hope you have a wonderful day, and Merry Christmas if you do celebrate it!

Edited by Dohnovan, 23 December 2020 - 01:15 PM.

Dohnovan

Dohnovan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

There is no free edition uninstall tool for Bitdefender.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

No worries on the PSU info for now, we will do what we can first and see how that goes, we only really need the PSU info to make sure that your system has enough clean and stable power, the GPU in particular.

You are welcome and likewise to you have yourself a Merry Christmas too  :thumbsup:

Edit to add: Not sure what you mean as there is no fee for removing BD, you just click on the version that you have at the link and it downloads the uninstaller for you.

Tip

If using a computer and not a mobile phone, please avoid adding multiple posts while waiting for us to reply to your last, edit your last post to include anything that you wish to add, this will ensure nothing gets overlooked which can sometimes happen if a thread has more than one page, it also avoids filling up folks inbox.

Dohnovan

Dohnovan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

I have the Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition. I'm not sure which Bitdefender uninstaller I'm supposed to install because there is no uninstaller that has the same name as my version. I didn't think to ask this but I uninstalled Malwarebytes and I'm just wondering, will anything it's quarantined in the past affect my pc now? There was an errors when it tried uninstalling Bitdefender, I just chose a random one, and after I uninstalled Malwarebytes and restarted my pc, it's now using the Windows Defender and it's telling me on Bitdefender to sign in to use it but I am not able to interact with the Bitdefender window. I just used the control panel to uninstall it. I'm doing a full scan with Windows Defender now. I'm gonna have to scan my pc tonight before I go to bed. I have stuff I needa do on my pc today and I can't afford to be waiting upwards of 4+ hours for this full scan to finish.

Edited by Dohnovan, 23 December 2020 - 03:52 PM.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts

Hey Phillpower2

Sorry for jumping in on your topic.

Dohnovan this is how to uninstall Free bit defender is this method still listed?

In Windows 10:

1. Click Start, then click Settings.

2. Click the Apps icon in the Settings area.

3. Find Bitdefender and select Uninstall.

4. Click Uninstall again to confirm your choice.

5. Click Remove, and then select according to your situation: I want to reinstall it or I want to permanently remove it.

6. Click Next to continue.

7. Wait for the uninstall process to complete, then reboot your system.

Cheers

Peterm

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

No problem Peter  :thumbsup:

Dohnovan 

Is the computer running any better now.

The version of uninstaller tool you should have used would depend on when BD was installed, being that Windows was installed on 6/18/2020 and that you only have/had the AV installed the appropriate uninstall tool would be for Antivirus Plus 2020.

We definitely need to get rid of any orphan BD files so if they are still present the best suggestion would be to install a newer version of BD and then use the proper method to uninstall that.

Once you have done what you need to and are able to post back can you post a new Speccy url for us.

Dohnovan

Dohnovan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

I used the 2020 version of BD uninstaller and it didn't uninstall it, the program said there was an error. I used the 2020 Bitdefender Internet Security option. I did do a Windows Defender full scan last night and it detected a PUA:Win32/Presenoker. I had it removed this morning, I'm not sure if it's still there though.

When I go into the protection history for Windows Defender it does not show the virus it supposedly removed today.

Edited by Dohnovan, 24 December 2020 - 10:39 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Once you have done what you need to and are able to post back can you post a new Speccy url for us.

Can we have this if you will

Dohnovan

Dohnovan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

http://speccy.pirifo...MWPZ1mLK28AmAVD

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
As was suspected BD is still there and shown to be enabled which is worse still.

Antivirus
Bitdefender Antivirus Free Antimalware
Antivirus: Enabled
Virus Signature Database: Up to date
Windows Defender
Antivirus: Enabled
Virus Signature Database: Up to date

Download the trial version of Bitdefender ANTIVIRUS PLUS from here let it run on the PC for a while, uninstall it using the uninstaller tool from here restart the PC and check to see if BD has gone,

No rush with this as going offline soon, back in the morning UK time,