Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with pc

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts

Do you still have the free bitdefender in your downloads? If yes then reinstall.

Registry is last resort and we would need to backup the registry. Do you have any restore points?

Bitdefender has over 115 bits to rip out that's why LAST REORT

Advertisements

Dohnovan

Dohnovan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

I installed the free version I had on my pc from awhile ago.

Edited by Dohnovan, 30 December 2020 - 05:12 PM.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts

If you open your web browser and press CTRL+J it will show the list of downloads is bitdefender still listed?If yes then I would run the exe again and then see if it will uninstall.

If not we will have to yank it out.

Dohnovan

Dohnovan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

I figured out what you meant and I'm uninstalling Bitdefender right now.

Edited by Dohnovan, 31 December 2020 - 04:28 PM.

Dohnovan

Dohnovan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

http://speccy.pirifo...MP1Cg052AfniTlT

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts

Looking good please try this next to remove Bitdefender Agent. The Antivirus part is gone,now a bit of a cleanup

1. Open the Start Menu.
  2. Type appwiz.cpl and select the result. This should open the Programs and Features Control Panel applet.
  3. Locate Bitdefender Agent in the list of installed programs.
  4. Right-click on it and select uninstall.
  5. Confirm the UAC prompt and wait until the process completes

After we clean up Bitdefender a couple more things need to go. But 1 step at a time.

Dohnovan

Dohnovan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

I followed your instructions and uninstalled the bitdefender agent.  http://speccy.pirifo...nxRjlklE8st8DRJ

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts

Looking like we are getting somewhere. 

I would also suggest you remove  ESET, Hitman Pro, Zemana and CCleaner  look in Start>Programs and see if they have uninstallers If not then I would do it via Control Panel add remove programs.

Reboot.

I say to remove as this is something that I borrowed from our Malware Expert RKinner

Avoid:  

Advanced System Care
SuperAntiSpyware
HitmanPro
Spybot S&D
Any P2P software especially if it comes from Conduit.
Registry Cleaners
Driver updating software.
PC fixing or Speed up software.
Running more than one anti-virus.
Seagate hard drives.  If you have one it's going to fail on you so backup your data now!

How is the computer performing after you remove those programs?

Cheers

Peterm

Dohnovan

Dohnovan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Zemana antivirus is not showing up in my programs. I uninstalled ccleaner, and I don't wanna get rid of eset or hitman. Is there anything aside from that I can uninstall to make my pc faster?

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts

Is it running any better now?

Is Zemana showing in control panel Add/Remove programs or is it showing in Program Files of Program Files(x86) ? If not then we won't worry.

As for ESET the choice as always is yours. We just offer advice.

This article is from the ESET website.https://support.eset...e ESET service.

Cheers

Peterm

Advertisements

Dohnovan

Dohnovan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

I deleted an empty zemana folder but that's all I could find. I read the eset article and looked at my apps and control panel programs and eset is not in either. It's called eset online scanner, it does not do anything aside from scan my pc monthly and as far as I know it does not offer any sort of antivirus protection like windows defender or bitdefender.

Do I just delete the exe program? My pc has been doing a little better but as far as I can tell removing bitdefender didn't really improve my pc performance by alot but it was an improvement.

Edited by Dohnovan, 03 January 2021 - 08:15 AM.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts

Hi

the only thing I have left up my sleeve is to try a clean boot https://support.micr...boot-in-windows. Then if all is good it's a matter

of going through and re-enabling one by one and seeing what my slow it down.

Do you have the link to your malware post?

How much free space do you have on Drive C

Cheers

Peterm

Dohnovan

Dohnovan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

174gb free of 930gb on my drive. http://www.geekstogo...ade-me-anxious/

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts

Try the clean boot your malware looked ok. Do you still play World of warcraft? I noticed it in your error log file.

Dohnovan

Dohnovan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Yeah, I still intend to play it in a bit. I've gotten error messages from the game because it crashed. It crashes every once in awhile nowadays but it's not a problem like it used to be because I fixed the constant crashes awhile ago. I honestly didn't realize that the only things that could really be removed to boost my computers performance was bitdefender/malwarebytes. I do run discord on my pc, steam,  razer synapse and alot of the times I have google open when I'm playing games. I didn't realize my computer was such a potato that it would be such a problem. I thought it must be something else. Thanks for your help!