Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

A reliable security system

• Please log in to reply

WolandP

WolandP

• Pip
  • 4 posts

I am looking for a new reliable home security system. It is supposed to be a valuable investment, so I need to do it once and don't think about it anymore. What are the best options? I need a professional variant, with a customer support service and remote control. My friends use Ajax. Have you ever heard about it? Are they good? Also, my house is fully constructed. I've heard some companies can install such systems only during the construction stage, but it is not my case.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,849 posts

https://www.alarm.com/

buddywiser

buddywiser

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

This site has so many good recommendation. Is this a best company for it ?

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,490 posts

In this day and age home security has become wireless. you install the door/window sensors, motion sensors, smoke and fire and they connect wirelessly to to the home station. The home station takes care of everything. The only thing you need a home internet for is to connect to your security via an app. I use Vivant (I pay for monitoring) and am very happy with them. I have also connected 2 sensors that monitor my sump pumps.

Good luck because every one offers something different. If you want true security you need a company that will monitor your home and NOT rely on your home network. For instance, Ring requires your home network. You can pay for professionals to monitor your home but if your network is down then your security is down.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,849 posts

This site has so many good recommendation. Is this a best company for it ?

Best for our homes. Been using them since '89 or so.

Geeks1221

Geeks1221

• Pip
  • 4 posts

I preffer the good 'ol security system ... of having a dog hehe

Geeks1221

Geeks1221

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Hi WolandP! I use ajax system with my home security system (CCTV) I really recommend you to also get it because they can update your old cameras and it gives you full control on your cell phone of all the cameras that you have installed, I really like it, they also have this cool motion sensors and the battely lasts for 7 years or more, I mean they help me sleep at night, when I asked myself is my family's security worth it? Well I think the answer is yes! I don't know if there is any other system that has all this.