Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 10 basic apps missing

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

scomar

scomar

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Hello,

The built in windows apps, such as Alarms & Clock, Calculator, Calendar, Weather, etc.... disappeared from my windows 10 pro.  When I go to the Microsoft Store for the Windows Alarm & Clock for instance, and I click get, it says it is installed.  I can also click on the launch button (while still in the Microsoft Store) and it runs.  When I close the Microsoft store and look for it by searching in the start menu it doesn't show up there or in the program list like it use to.  This is the same case with calculator, but when in MS Store it let me pin it to my taskbar and it works when clicking on it in the task bar, but as with the Alarm & Clock it doesn't show up in a search or in the program list.

I have tried the following solution at this link:  https://www.windowsc...creators-update

• How to repair missing apps on Windows 10
  • How to reinstall missing apps on Windows 10 (the uninstall button is greyed out when trying this method)
  • How to re-register apps using PowerShell on Windows 10

I think I need to reinstall Windows 10 to fix this.  Is there away to just repair Windows 10, I would like to reload Windows 10 without reinstalling my third party programs.

Thanks for any support you may be able to provide for this issue!!

Scomar

Advertisements

scomar

scomar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

You can repair install Windows 10.

https://www.tenforum...ce-upgrade.html

Thanks for the link.  It says "

• The installation media (ex: ISO or USB) must be the same edition and same or newer build as your currently installed Windows 10. If it's not, then the repair install will fail."
  • How do I get the same edition as my currently installed Windows 10?

scomar

scomar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Try this but got a windows 10 install error 0x8007042b - 0x2000d,  I will start a new thread for this issue.  Thanks for your help.