Changing Hard Drive Icons
Posted 20 June 2005 - 12:01 AM
Posted 20 June 2005 - 02:47 AM
There are also similar programs like it that i cant remember the name of.
Posted 20 June 2005 - 08:57 AM
Icon Packager is a great program with many cool Icon packages.
Posted 20 June 2005 - 01:05 PM
Posted 20 June 2005 - 03:36 PM
Posted 21 June 2005 - 09:43 PM
Okay, open my computer, click tools<fodler options<file types<
Look for the drive file type, should be something like this.
Click this, the advanced button down teh bottom should now be selectable, click it.
Edit file type should popup, click change icon. Search for a new icon.
You can even use exe files say you have divx player. Simply click teh divx.exe file, and it should give you a choice of some icons you can use. Experiment.
Posted 22 June 2005 - 02:50 PM
Posted 25 June 2005 - 10:57 AM
2. Navigate to this location
3. Click on "shell", in the right pan to highlight it.
4. Right click on the 'Default' value and select modify
5. Replace what's in "value data" box with the word "none", without quotes.
Edited by Jedi, 18 July 2005 - 01:48 AM.
Posted 18 July 2005 - 04:12 AM
1. Click start<run, type in "regedit" in the box without quotes.
2. Navigate to this location
If the key does not already exist then create it.
3. Right click on the DriveIcons folder and create a new sub-key with a single letter representing the drive letter of the drive to be modified. (e.g. [HKEY...\DriveIcons\C])
To create a sub-key, simply right click on the DriveIcons folder, and a new menu will popup, select new, then key. Name it the letter of the drive you want to change the icon for.
4. Right click on the letter you specified to change, say C, and create another sub-key called "DefaultIcon" (e.g. [HKEY...\DriveIcons\C\DefaultIcon])
5. Set the "(Default)" value to equal the fully qualified name of the icon file. If the file contains more that one icon follow it with a comma and the zero-based index of the icon (e.g. "c:\icons\myicons.dll,4").
If you want to change the name of the drive:
Create another sub-key within the drive letter key called "DefaultLabel" (e.g. [HKEY...\DriveIcons\C\DefaultLabel]) and set it's "(Default)" value to equal the label for the drive letter (e.g. "My ZIP Drive").
(Default) = c:\icons\myicons.dll,4
(Default) = My ZIP Drive
Here is an example tree of mine
Posted 07 August 2005 - 12:30 AM
The next time I rebooted my computer all my partitions reverted back to their original Windows XP Pro icons. It seems as if Windows XP Pro has a mind of its own.
Edited by kenwitkin, 07 August 2005 - 12:33 AM.
Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:29 PM
Assign a custom icon to your flash drive!
It should work for internal drives too, though I haven't tried it yet.
Edited by Edvin76, 26 August 2008 - 02:30 PM.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users