Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Low Battery Alert & Shutdown on DESKTOP PC!?

• Please log in to reply

Tremortime

Tremortime

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
:tazz:
Sometimes with my new comp I get a "critical" battery alert and the dialog says to switch to AC immediately to prevent a loss of work. The computer then automatically goes into standby mode. Upon waking it up from standby mode, the computer displays the critical error message still there. I click ok, and everything works fine until the next time this problem occurs. It has happened about 4 times now (twice this morning only a couple of hours apart) in the last week or so.

The comp is attached to a UPS. However, you can hear when the UPS goes into battery backup mode and it has not in these cases, nor does it indicate any other sort of irregularity. My old machine also did this occasionaly too (also conneted to the same UPS.)

(Running Windows XP SP2)
(The UPS is monitoring a comp, TFT monitor, External HD, and 5.1 speakers)

Thanks!!!

Power_Settings.JPG

Advertisements