I have a new-in-box unit, but it shows little life; I'm wanting to compare notes to confirm it's defective.
It does not:
- respond to **** (or any other DTMF) to give the IVR greeting in the phone
- no dial tone (altho it's unclear from the web if there's supposed to be one)
- the ethernet (out) port seems to be functionally dead (the PC's RJ45 light is on, but not the 3012's jack LED) and thus there's no "hosting" for its admin web settings interface. No matter what ipconfig etc commands i give in windows, windows10 says "Media not connected" (even tho the laptop RJ45 light is lit, and that LED logically "follows" the SPA3012 power-on/off, but the 3012 RJ45 LED never lights)
- provide power to the POTS phone (and thus power for DTMF in the phone)
- light intermittently when connected to the internet (the other RJ45 port)
- phone LED lights when off-hook
- relay click is audible inside the unit when powered up/down
- when unit is off, the phone does connect thru to the trunk line. (Thus the RJ11 wiring is correct and the relay's NC contacts work)
- on one occasion, i did get a re-order (fast busy) signal that would not clear when back on-hook until re-booted, but i could not get it to happen again.
I realize it's old and no longer supported, but wondering if anyone has any further debugging steps for aliveness & expected basic functionality.
I've found probably a dozen references/instructions on the web, but most assume discussions that either the **** IVR interface is alive, or the web admin interface is operable.