Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Facebook account blocked

• Please log in to reply

bondy

bondy

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Hi

I received an email, which I opened on Outlook on my Windows 10 PC, purportedly from Facebook. The email stated “It looks like someone tried to log into your account on February 12...Your account is safe...If you don’t think this is you, please log into Facebook”

I then tried to open Facebook on my mobile, a Samsung s10e, and got a message saying “Your account is temporarily locked. We’ve noticed a recent login from an unfamiliar location. Please review this login and let us know if this is you”

Next to a device icon it says “FBLite on ASUS ROG Phone”, which I assume is a mobile. I can show the IP address, which is 81.92.203.117. If I tap on ‘No’, I’m then asked to enter a new password.

I then tried to open Facebook on my iPad where I got exactly the same as the above

Can someone tell me if it is safe to create a new password? If not, what is my best course of action?

Thanks

Peter

Advertisements

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts
Can someone tell me if it is safe to create a new password?

Attempt to Login at Facebook, but with a password it does not exist, then click on Forgot Password. Reset the password.

bondy

bondy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Thanks, I’ve done that and, fingers crossed, everything seems to be ok

Edited by bondy, 13 February 2021 - 05:26 AM.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

Just as an FYI there was a recent issue within the last week where FB locked a fair number of accounts. This was reportedly a software issue. Supposedly it was resolved.

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts

Thanks for the feedback.

Best regards. :)

loudgrayfort

loudgrayfort

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi I've been having trouble with this for quite a few months now. Facebook keeps sending me this pop-up every time I try to add friends and I don't know why. I can't seem to post the photo here so I'll just write down what it says.

"YOU CAN'T USE THIS FEATURE RIGHT NOW

We limit how often you can post, comment or do other things in a given amount of time in order to help protect the community from spam. You can try again later."

I don't exactly know what I did to get this. Is it some sort of warning? Would appreciate any help and if there would be a way to reverse this. Thanks so much!