Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 10 System Service Error BSODs (Resolved).

- - - - -

Best Answer phillpower2 , 21 February 2021 - 03:51 AM

Hello pabadger, Same cause was flagged in each dmp, Gigabyte EasyTune, if you don`t use it at all just uninstall it and be done, if you do use it, uninstall the present version, restart and te... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

pabadger

pabadger

• PipPip
  • 59 posts

Hello,

Since 02/14/2019 my PC has had 5 System Service Error BSODs. BlueScreenView says they are all cause by ntoskrnl.exe.

I updated my drivers using Snappy Driver so they are all current. I did run windows memory test. That showed no errors.

Might it be my 8+ year old corsair cx600 PSU?

Here is my speccy snapsot.

http://speccy.pirifo...jBUgPSOwYcgGb7m

Any help you can give will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

pabadger

PS Sorry for what appears on to be a double post. I can't figure out how to remove one of them.

Edited by pabadger, 19 February 2021 - 08:42 PM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Hello pabadger,

Might it be my 8+ year old corsair cx600 PSU?

Even when out of the box new that PSU should not have been used anywhere near a GTX 1070 and especially in a system that has so many additional storage devices, a quality brand 750W Gold efficiency rated PSU should have been a minimum for your set up.

What Corsair stated about their CX range of PSUs;

CX Series/Modular power supply units are an excellent choice for basic system builds and desktop PC computer upgrades, offering high reliability, low noise, and the flexibility of modular cabling. 

Which power supply do you need?

Regarding your crash dmps, ntoskrnl.exe is both generic and can be random, it does not point towards a driver issue and like a WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR the issue is nearly always hardware related.

1. Copy any dmp files from C:\Windows\Minidump onto the desktop.

2. Select all of them, right-click on one, and click on Send To> New Compressed (zipped) Folder.
3. Upload the zip folder using the Attach button, bottom left of the dialogue input box 

pabadger

pabadger

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Hello phillpower2,

Thanks for your quick response and for helping me again.

I will be replacing my PSU with a Seasonic Focus 850FX Gold this afternoon. I had purchased one in mid-202. It dies after a week or so and I had to RMA it. I had simply put of installing the replacement. Thanks for letting me know the Corsair wasn't good enough.

Attached are the dmp files.

Sincerely,

pabadger

Attached Files

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
✓  Best Answer

Hello pabadger,

Same cause was flagged in each dmp, Gigabyte EasyTune, if you don`t use it at all just uninstall it and be done, if you do use it, uninstall the present version, restart and test, if all ok, create a new system restore point then download and try the latest version of the program from here

You are welcome btw  :)

pabadger

pabadger

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Hello phillpower2,

Thanks so much. I never used Gigabyte Easy Tune so just uninstalled it 

This is, I believe, the third time over the last 8+ years you have helped me through Geeks to Go. I very much appreciate it.

Yours Truly,

pabadger

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Hello pabadger,

Hopefully that will be the end of the issue but you know where we are if not  :thumbsup:

Is it really 8+ years, where has the time gone  :confused:

You are welcome btw  :)