Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

deleting files and registry entries

• Please log in to reply

racenutalways

racenutalways

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,675 posts

In Sept/2019 I purchased Razer MMO mouse, big mistake, this mouse took over my PC and the game I was playing, Sent it back, refunded, uninstalled software. I deleted all the Razer reference files I could find and my PC came back to normal. Took me another month figuring why my game I have been playing for 2yrs started to act wierd after installing mouse and software.(deleting a file fixed this). Fast forward to today and my PC wouldn't sleep again, monitors did however. I did manage to delete some entries in the registry but they're still 2 entries that won't go away and 6 files in the system32 folder.

I've tried killbox, but I gave me some PendilngFileOperation thingy pop up. 

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP

Enable the hidden Administrator account

https://www.howtogee...-windows-vista/

then login as Administrator.  (Normally no password).  Take ownership of the key you want to delete then change the permissions to allow you full control.

Do the same to the files that won't delete.

racenutalways

racenutalways

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,675 posts

thanks for that. I managed to delete all files. I still have registry entries that won't delete to "error deleting file" message. And others I couldn't take ownership for whatever reason. I'll try that again later.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP

Even when logged in as Administrator it is best to right click on Regedit and Run As Admin.