Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Connected to router, no internet.

• Please log in to reply

Wafna

Wafna

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

I find Opera to be a bit leaner in resource usage than Chrome is, so it's not my go-to browser anymore. With that Lenovo only having 4 gb RAM (and soldered in, so I can't upgrade), Chrome bogs it down hard if I have more than a single tab open, or any other programs running, for that matter.

However! trying to reach speedtest via Chrome yielded a new error message that wasn't showing up on Opera. (see Screenshot.) Looks like it was an issue with the ISP after all.

Long story short, Tomorrow I'm going to have a chat with the housemate who has the ISP contract, and get myself "unpaused" (the listed app requires a log-in that I don't have). I'll reply again with the result when they wake up.

Attached Thumbnails

• ChromeSpeedtest.jpg

Advertisements

Wafna

Wafna

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

I know it's been a minute, but here's the update: blocked system connects just fine after getting the housemate who owns the router to unblock my laptop. Chalk this one up to "User Error".

Thanks again for all the help sorting this out, RKinner! 

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP

Thanks for the feedback