Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook can't start after moving roaming folder (appdata)

• Please log in to reply

HaraMo

HaraMo

• PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Dear

To make space in my C drive I wante to move the complete appdata, but after reading articles I decided to only move the folder that has a location tab, the roaming folder. Although mylocal folder is the biggest in GB..., I read about symbolic link and that it would be possible to move the complete appdata and all will keepworking. But I thaught not to change anything only what Windows allow me too (location tab).

AFter I moved the C:\.... appdata\roaming folder , using the location tab:

The D drive now has the folder roaming with the subfolders in it, but there were still subfolders in the C ... . so I  logged off and logged in the admin account and manually cut and pasted the folders to the D drive.

AFter rebooting, only the microsoft subfolder is recreated in the C drive roaming folder (appdata).

But then the issues started:

I have a lot of chrome accounts, i had to log in on each of them to have syncronization.

Windows account (microsoft store) and email account   were popping up , once the laptop was booted: I could log in and all was solved.

This was yesterday.

Then today, I want to start outlook. it gives me an error , see photo.

the ost files are still in the same place where, as the error mentions.

I'm no sure how to solve this.

Attached Thumbnails

• outlook_issue_20210301.JPG

Advertisements