Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pop3 problem

• Please log in to reply

sgrnspc

sgrnspc

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hi,

ok this has completely been frustrating me today. so i want to add gmail to my outlook express. its a pop3 account. i've added it properly except that i can't find the folder anywhere on express (except for the on the accounts list--which doesn't let you open it). how do i get the pop3 account to show up on my folders list?

before i accidentally had it as an imap and it showed up, but it won't show up at all as a pop3.

am i missing something or is there something else wrong with my computer?

thanks in advance,
m
:tazz:

Advertisements

sgrnspc

sgrnspc

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
addition to the problem:

so, i just tried "send and receive" to perhaps trace where the mail is going but i can't even do that cuz the password request box pops up over and over again without ever authorizing...

is this just a lost cause? :tazz:

sgrnspc

sgrnspc

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
sorry, but the drama continues...

i just used outlook express and sent a msg to myself using the gmail account and it worked! but i still can't receive any emails...

what is wrong?? :tazz:

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
if it sends through the stmp is ok so make sure you do not have a spelling mistake in your pop3 or a missing . eg pop3.ozemail
have you set this as default?