I have run the Microsoft Safety Scanner in addition to hitman pro. Trying to determine if I need to run additional tools to confirm removal.
Posted 14 March 2021 - 04:17 PM
Try running MBAR:
Click on Download, Save and then right click and Run as Admin. Follwo the instructions.
See if it finds anything.
- Get FRST from http://www.bleepingc...very-scan-tool/You need to download the appropriate tool for your PC. If you don't know if you have a 32 or 64 bit system get them both. Only one will work and that's the right one.
- Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
- Check the Addition.txt box
- Press Scan button.
- It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
- Please copy and paste log back here.
- It will generate another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.
Smart Screen, Windows Defender and Avast have all been blocking FRST recently. It's a false positive so pause your antivirus when downloading or running FRST. If you get a message saying Smart Screen has blocked it you can click on More Info and you will see an option to Run Anyway.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users