Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

This is not a TEST, I need help [Closed]

Infected with whitesmoke counterfit TeamOS Windows-to-Go vdisk Windows in S-Mode

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

pdgold

pdgold

• Pip
  • 2 posts

I seem to be infected with "whitesmoke", I also found the problem listed under "having a generic dropper". It was suggested to go to geekstogo and use their advice and their tools to clean the infection. I can not find the file FRST64.exe on the entire website. It is possible that who ever is messing with me is altering this website so I can not use the tool. FRST.exe is listed under the instructions and under the tools but the 64-bit version is not there.

I also was not able to post anywhere else but here nor use the chat-service.

Any suggestions? I hope my message gets through to someone.

Thank you.

Advertisements

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts

I am moving your topic to the virus and spyware removal forum, where a trained and expert malware fighter will assist you.

Regards

paws

Gary R

Gary R

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 445 posts

• If you have a 32 bit system Download FRST to your Desktop.
  • If you have a 64 bit system Download FRST64 to your Desktop.
  • If you don't know whether your system is 32 bit or 64 bit, download both. Only one will run on your machine. That's the one to use.
  • Double click Frst.exe to launch it.
  • FRST will start to run.
  • When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • When finished scanning 2 logs will open on your Desktop, FRST.txt and Addition.txt
  • Please post them in your next reply.

Gary R

Gary R

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 445 posts

Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Gary R

Gary R

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 445 posts

Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.