Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

intel audio issue

• Please log in to reply

jimbir

jimbir

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

I'm having an audio issue with my HP 17-by4065st laptop. I'm Using a Logitech USB headset model H540. When I open settings> system> sound>input, I see that the driver for it is: Intel smart sound technology for USB audio. The microphone output test shows 30%. That's not quite enough for my Nuance Dragon naturally speaking dictation software to operate reliably.

Is there any way I can adjust the Intel device so that the output would be closer to 100%?

Any help with this issue will be greatly appreciated.
Jim Birke

Edited by jimbir, 21 March 2021 - 11:57 AM.

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP

Have you tried Method 2 from:

https://www.driverea...-working-fixed/

jimbir

jimbir

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Thank you for those instructions. I followed method 2 and didn't gain any improvement.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP

You can try

https://www.groovypo...-in-windows-10/

but you probably need either a better microphone or some way of moving it closer to your mouth.  I have a headset with built-in microphone and it stupidly sticks out at such an angle that it doesn't pick up much.