Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Two computers different download speeds

• Please log in to reply

Zanshin

Zanshin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Followed instructions but see no Searchapp.exe (SearchUI,exe) in the list. 

Clicking on the processes tab only opens and closes a drop-down menu. 

Attached Thumbnails

• image_2021-04-15_083910.png

Edited by Zanshin, 15 April 2021 - 12:58 AM.

Advertisements

Zanshin

Zanshin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

UPDATE,

I have found Searchapp.exe in Task Manager/Services and have Disabled Cortana and Search.exe. 

I have a class at 10.-00 this morning using Skype, Outlook, Whatsap and web pages so I will see how it performs. 

Zanshin

Zanshin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Dismal performance.

Skype in conference, Outlook open, struggled to open Word document again. Whatsapp open. Google Translate open. 

The first three speed tests are with all the above running and Gridinsoft active. 

The fourth speed test is with  all the above running... with ALL Antivirus turned off.

The fifth speed test is all apps closed but with two web pages open. One for this reply and another for the speed test. Gridinsoft OFF. 

Last speed test with just the two web pages open and Gridinsoft ON. 

Attached Thumbnails

• Opera Snapshot_2021-04-15_125013_www.testdevelocidad.es.png

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 23,730 posts
  • MVP

Let's look at Task Manager, Performance.  You should see something like this:

perf.jpg

Look at the little graphs on the left.  When you are having your problems do any of the graphs show the resource has maxed out?  If so click on Resource Monitor and then on the tab associated with the resource.

Zanshin

Zanshin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

I had to wait until this morning to recreate conditions. Unfortunate as well as Skype English class I had the builders in the next apartment banging away, the mailman and parcel delivery banging on the door and the phone going.

Anyway I didn't complete Resource monitor part  but I will do this  on Thursday under similar conditions.

However, I did manage to capture Task Manager screen and can tell you that from the usage I was seeing whilst on Skype call, using Outlook and Google translate simultaneously, .the  CPU image although showing 75% usage,  was maxing out around 90/100%. Also the HDD was working under heavy load around 60/70. As said, I will capture the Resource Monitor stats on Thursday. 

Attached Thumbnails

• 20210420_112957.jpg

Edited by Zanshin, Today, 07:16 AM.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 23,730 posts
  • MVP

OK the CPU maxed out like that is probably causing the problem.

I'm sure I've given you the Process Explorer before but just in case:

Get Process Explorer

https://live.sysinte...com/procexp.exe

Save it to your desktop then run it (Vista or Win7+ - right click and Run As Administrator).  

View, Select Column, check Verified Signer, OK
Options, Verify Image Signatures

Click twice on the CPU column header  to sort things by CPU usage with the big hitters at the top.  

Wait a full minute then:

File, Save As, Save.  Note the file name.   Open the file  on your desktop and copy and paste the text to a reply.

Try and create a log with Process explorer when the CPU is maxed out.