Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Asus Zephyrus ROG DUO (2080 SUPER) to 2x SAMSUNG Odyssey G95 (LC49G95T

• Please log in to reply

dkl_uk

dkl_uk

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi there

I currently feed my laptop to three monitors. This is done:

USBC > Startech Displayport splitter > 3xHDMI. I am therefore transforming the 4K output to three 1080p outputs.

I'd like to purchase two of the Samsung Odyssey G95 monitors, 49" superwides, with resolutions of 5120 x 1440.

Whilst the ability is there to split the 4K output of the Displayport to two 1440p HDMI outputs, this monitor is "super wide" and essentially becomes two monitors in regards to the resolution difference.

My question then, is whether I am going to be able to feed 2x5120 x 1440 outputs from this GPU?

There is a HDMI on the back of the laptop, and I'm wondering whether one output can be fed from there, and another via the USBC, but I'd expect that not to work as it's essentially the same GPU, and even if they did both output at the same time, I'm expecting it to be the same screen just duplicated.

Thanks for your time.

Advertisements