Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

YAHOO MESSENGER!

• Please log in to reply

robert4389

robert4389

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am running Yahoo Messenger 7.0 BETA. I have friends running YM 6.0 along with other versions. We all see to be having the same problem. When we click on the chat button and it brings up the list of chat rooms, the "Yahoo Rooms" show up, but the "User Rooms" do not! I know many people are having this problem, and I cannot seem to find any help online. I am hoping that someone here will have an answer or at least know someone for me to contact.

Also, I have gone to their help section on yahoo.com and submitted a help form with my question. I have also had other people do the same, but no luck so far.

Thanks!!!!

Advertisements

geekofcouple

geekofcouple

• Pip
  • 3 posts
The user rooms are gone.... Basically Yahoo's advertisers didn't like their ads showing up in very unwholesomly titled user rooms...so they yanked them. In the mean time people are hanging in regular yahoo rooms by interest for example people with a foot fetish hang in fetishes:14. Lots more information about the shutdown and a complete listing of hangout rooms on *Link removed by an Administrator. Please ONLY post links to family friendly sites, with family friendly names. Thank you for your cooperation. *

Edited by ~Kat~, 04 July 2005 - 12:27 AM.

ronscores

ronscores

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
now thats interesting .. ALL YAHOO USER ROOMS DELETED???
i dint get the user romms when i logged in 2 days back..
but deletin ' all user rooms..
YAHOO -- ridiculous!
here's the link
http://addict3d.org/...pe=news&ID=7600
http://news.zdnet.co...22-5759705.html

Edited by ronscores, 04 July 2005 - 06:22 AM.

geekofcouple

geekofcouple

• Pip
  • 3 posts
The user rooms are gone but people are hanging out in certain regular room by interest. For example the feet fetish people hang in fetishes:39...just type "/join fetishes:39" in the main chat window and you will go to the room your interested in.

More Hangout room listings can be found at

www.geocities.com/married1wannashare

geekofcouple

geekofcouple

• Pip
  • 3 posts
The married1wannashare link has been shutdown by yahoo. The new list is located at yahlist.net