Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2019 iCloud Addin Says Wrong Password

• Please log in to reply

Crag_Hack

Crag_Hack

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,839 posts

Hi guys (those who know me). I have a peculiar problem. I already posted in the Office forum but didn't realize it was so inactive. I am using a Windows machine. The Outlook 2019 add-in for iCloud says "wrong password" on the refresh button in the iCloud section of the ribbon. Clicking the button doesn't help at all. iCloud has two-step enabled. iCloud for Outlook fails to sync calendars and maybe contacts too. This started after upgrading from Office 2016 to Office 2019. It worked before the upgrade. Also before I was trying to move calendar events from a secondary calendar to a main iCloud calendar for organizational purposes but it wouldn't let me which is why I upgraded (I also couldn't link to Microsoft Teams from emails). I have tried the following:

1.            Disabling email/contacts/calendar sync for Outlook in the iCloud for PC settings and reenabling

2.            Signing out of iCloud for PC and signing back in

3.            Uninstalling and reinstalling both iCloud for PC from the Microsoft Store and iCloud for Outlook from apps & features

4.            Disabling and reenabling the iCloud add-on in Outlook

5.            Repairing Office 2019 twice using online repair (for some reason Office disappeared after this both times and I had to reinstall it)

6.            Uninstalling iTunes

7.            Using an app-specific password for the iCloud email account in Outlook, which does work and allows me to send/receive iCloud email but doesn't fix the calendar issue

Any ideas on how to correct this error so that I can use iCloud calendar and contacts for Outlook? Do you need any additional information?

Thanks!

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts

Hello,

Is there anything here that could help ? Never know could one little thing that helps you...

https://mobiletrans....th-outlook.html

Crag_Hack

Crag_Hack

Trusted Helper

• Topic Starter
  • Malware Removal
  • 1,839 posts

Thanks zep. I already tried method #1 and #2 looks to be read-only so only so useful. The issue might be on Apple's end since the contacts don't show up in icloud.com. We'll see what Apple has to say.

Crag_Hack

Crag_Hack

Trusted Helper

• Topic Starter
  • Malware Removal
  • 1,839 posts

No resolution to the issue... time to switch to MS for contacts/calendar

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts

Too bad hate having to change....

buddywiser

buddywiser

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Yeah, same here. I'm having a hard time because I'm stuck on many failures.