Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Arrangement of items on the desktop [for RKinner]

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

Basty

Basty

• PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

The friend that I help through Team Viewer, seems to have difficulty remembering correct procedures. He is set in his ways, and I have to 'work-around' that inflexibility. For reasons best known to himself, he has the habit of DOWNLOADING images he looks at. Even though I have set DOWNLOADS as the default destination in the browser, nevertheless the desktop accumulates them instead. Now what intrigues me, is that previously his downloads would freely intermingle with the shortcuts already on the desktop, making navigation very difficult. But now, his serious shortcuts stay in a group on the left side of the desktop, and his 'random' downloads occupy a separate space 'in the middle' - easily distinguishable from the program shortcuts. Do you know of any 'setting' that would achieve that ?

Advertisements