Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

no reboot after bios flash

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

racenutalways

racenutalways

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,675 posts

Stuck in an endless reboot loop. MSI Z370 pro series. I removed battery, jumped JBAT1 for 30 secs, that did not clear the cmos, as the new version is still present. I have tried with 1 mem stick in then both.  And unplugging SSD.

I then tried flashing it again with fingers Xed, no luck, tried to clear cmos again by shorting battery and jumper, no luck.

System restore was waste of time, I also tried factory reset but it will not pass CMOS page, I enabled clear cmos  in BIOS and that started the constant reboot and disabling it did not stop it.

20210418_2208271.jpg

i

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts

Hi,

After a BIOS upgrade usually the settings revert to default so you must check and adjust all the options as it was before or Windows 10 will fail to boot.

Check the UEFI boot mode (UEFI/CSM), Hard disk controller mode (AHCI, RAID,...)

racenutalways

racenutalways

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,675 posts

decided to bring to repair shop and get quote on upgrading mobo CPU and anything else, not GPU(ty bitcoin) lol I have 8th gem Intel, Want to go back to AMD. 

patriarchmongolian

patriarchmongolian

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

IMO, AMD is a better choice for me. I'm not an Intel hater, but since I started using AMD, I stick with them because they satisfy my needs.

racenutalways

racenutalways

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,675 posts

I ordered ryzen 5600x with X570 mobo last week, was gonna call repair shop after all my research is done. Today my 5yr old GPU died. Now I have to return parts to afford a over priced GPU. it never ends lol