Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Colorful PC, Black monitor

• Please log in to reply

Herbus

Herbus

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I've just finished constructing my PC (for the most part).

The Mobo, CD-ROM, Floppy, HDD and graphics card are all set up. The computer turns on, lights flash... monitor stays pitch black, no mention of BIOS here.... nothing. What's going on here?

I think the problem is connected to the ATX Power (24 pin) on the mobo and the cord from the P/S ending in 20 pin....

If I plug it in certain slots, it works... but perhaps what works to turn the PC leaves the slot needed to show visuals unchecked?

Edited by Herbus, 20 June 2005 - 02:46 AM.

Advertisements

cheathawk1

cheathawk1

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
May I strongly reccomend that you purchase a 20 pin to 24 pint ATX Power Supply addaptrer converter cable. You can find them at almost any computer store, or online. This will ensure that power is going to all of the connections on your 24 pin MB slot.

I found one at XPGear.com (A very reputable site that I would reccomend to anyone looking for computer parts) its only 9.99 plus shipping.

http://www.xpcgear.c...to24pinatx.html

--Chris

Edited by cheathawk1, 11 July 2005 - 12:48 PM.