Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

sites load faster since new GPU

- - - - -

Best Answer racenutalways , 04 May 2021 - 08:25 PM

tx for the explanations, appreciate it! Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

racenutalways

racenutalways

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,675 posts

OK, my GPU dies, I order another one. While I waited for my GPU to arrive I cleaned my desktop, re-installed windows files to repair update woes I have been experiencing for 3 months now.

Web pages were loading extremely slowly. Install my new GPU and web pages are loading extremely fast.

Q: how does a GPU affect loading of web pages? I do have integrated GPU that should have being doing that fine.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts

Couple of reasons but the main one is a dedicated GPU has it`s own VRAM whereas integrated graphics relies on system memory to be able to function.

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts

Q: how does a GPU affect loading of web pages? I do have integrated GPU that should have being doing that fine.

Most recent Web Browsers will make use of the GPU features to render web pages faster, so a more powerful GPU will perform better.

racenutalways

racenutalways

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,675 posts
✓  Best Answer

tx for the explanations, appreciate it!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator