Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bad System Config Info

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

Pat56

Pat56

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Hello. I was using my Windows 10 PC when there was a power cut and now it won‘t switch back on.

First the computer says it is trying to repair itself and then I get a blue screen with the error: Bad System Config Info. 

Any help you can give me would be much appreciated as I am not sure what to do. I have 2 options on the screen under the title Troubleshoot:

Reset this PC

Advanced Options

Thank you in advance!

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Hello Pat56,

First suggestion would be to go to the Advanced options and check to see if there is a system restore point that is before this happened, if that does not help, get back to us and let us know, using the Reset this PC option could cause you to lose any data that you may have on the drive.

buddywiser

buddywiser

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

You can also try the bcdedit command in the Advanced Options and choosing Command Prompt. Once you're in the command prompt, enter the following lines

bcdedit/deletevalue {default} numproc
bcdedit/deletevalue {default} truncatememory

Once done, close the command prompt and restart windows.