Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unresolved Lag/Latency playing online game [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

DR M

DR M

The Grecian Geek

• Malware Removal
  • 4,096 posts

Appreciate all of your help up to this point, but I'm still experiencing the lag/latency issue with gaming (World of Tanks Blitz).  If I continue to remove pre-installed apps, what is your next recommended step after that?  I would kind of like to see where this is heading in terms of what you have planned.

Hi, dman1956.

As I told you, here we check the computer for malware, and, based on the logs, do what we can to improve the computer's performance. There are times where uninstalling the pre-installed software improves the performance and releases RAM in use. So, if you don't need/use those programs, it's good to remove them. Otherwise, the computer is clean from malware.

Have in mind, that the RAM in use is 67% right now. This is a high percentage and I would say that your games need more recources to work properly. 

Here you can run a free RAM wizard to determine which RAM is compatible with your motherboard. You download and run a small program, which will scan your computer and then recommend compatible RAM. You don't have to buy from them, but you can find out how much RAM the computer can accept. 

In addition, you can ask for advice in the Games Forum, where someone else can add his opinion. 

For now, and if no other issues/questions...

The following tool will remove the tools we used as well as reset system restore points:

Download KpRm by kernel-panik and save it to your desktop.

• Right-click kprm_(version).exe and select Run as Administrator.
  • Read and accept the disclaimer.
  • When the tool opens, ensure all boxes under Actions are checked.
  • Under Delete Quarantines select Delete Now, then click Run.
  • Once complete, click OK.
  • A log will open in Notepad titled kprm-(date).txt.
  • Please copy and paste its contents in your next reply.

Advertisements

DR M

DR M

The Grecian Geek

• Malware Removal
  • 4,096 posts

As this issue appears to be resolved, I'm closing this topic.

If you need it reopened, please send me a personal message (Hoover with the mouse on my profile name and choose Send message).

Glad we could help.