Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 10 Print Spooler

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

dredge

dredge

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
I have a Windows 10 computer running Windows 10 Home, Version 20H2, and an HP printer. Recently I noticed that I cannot print from my computer to my printer over the wireless network. There is another computer that prints fine, so I don't believe it's a printer issue. If I pull up the print queue I notice that when I click print on a document it flashes up in the print queue for a second and then disappears, subsequently the job does not print. To date I have done the following:
I have uninstalled the printer software and drivers at the root level.
I have cleaned all vestiges of the software using driver sweeper.
I have uninstalled all references to the computer where they are found in printers and devices.
I have also gone as far as to copy the spool folder from the printer that works, change the name of the spool folder in System32 to spool.old, and pasted the spool folder from the other computer there. Not even sure if that's a viable option, but at this point I'm beyond frazzled.
I have also done a system check (sfc /scannow), which did find and fix errors, but the problem persists.
After reinstalling the HP software I am still having a problem getting it to install properly over the network, I believe this is an HP software issue and not my concern at this point. However, the printer does install the Windows driver and shows is ready to print, the same issue persists.

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts

Hello,

What about a firmware up date for the HP Printer, as mentioned in the link below.....

https://support.hp.c...ument/c03502061

It say's windows 8 but also may be of use for Windows 10.

dredge

dredge

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
Thank you for looking into this. I did make sure that the firmware was updated as well. I didn't put that in my original post, and oversight on my part. What's got me confuses the fact that my wife's computer, on the same network, which is basically a carbon copy of my computer except for the graphics card will print with no issues over the same printer.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts

Weird for sure, I can google around a bit because off the top of my head I just don't know, always turns out to be some simple setting some where. Once I was selecting the wrong printer in the drop downbox.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts

Just for fun try printing using a different browser....

I am sure you saw all this linked below,

https://answers.micr...e0-5a934a69e7e0

dredge

dredge

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
Yeah, I've been dicking around the whole thing for 2 days. I've tried all the spooler issues stuff I can find on the internet. Just hoping maybe somebody ran into this problem and had a fix.

dredge

dredge

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
You and I have vastly different ideas of what constitutes fun, but I will give that a shot when I get .home

dredge

dredge

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
I might be showing my ignorance here. But would that have anything to do with me trying to print a PDor Word document out of my documents folder.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts

Anything is possible and a browser can screw up things sometimes ....   Good luck !

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts

Hello.

Any luck with anything ?

dredge

dredge

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
Nope.

dredge

dredge

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
Nope.

The Beast

The Beast

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Still not resolved?

First enable printer logbook if not already done:
Go to the Windows Searchbox: Event Viewer « Open it.
Expand Applications and Services, then Microsoft, Windows, and PrintService.

Enable-Operational-Log.png

Resimulate issue: Print again with with stubborn printer. Then go again to the Windows Searchbox: Event Viewer « Open it. 
Expand Applications and Services, then Microsoft, Windows, and PrintService.

Return to this area and save the Operational logs by right-clicking on the Operational log and click Save All Events As.
Choose the Event Files (*.evtx) format, and save the file.

Post the content of this file.