Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What's the best FREE Antivirus Software for 2021 [Solved]

• Please log in to reply

simplee67

simplee67

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello, I'm new here and would like to get your opinion on what's the top/best FREE Antivirus Software for 2021.  I'm running Win 10.

Thank U !!!

Edited by simplee67, 05 June 2021 - 06:53 PM.

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts

Hello simlee67,

Windows 10 does not necessarily need a third party Anti virus. I don't run one.   That being said the best free Anti virus for you would be the one you're most comfortable with. Everyone will have a different opinion on this.

A quick Google search  best free Anti virus for 2021 will provide you some insight.

Gary R

Gary R

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 445 posts

Best is entirely subjective, what's best for me will not necessarily be what's best for you. In any case, any of the offerings from one of the major AV producers will give you good protection.

Your browsing habits will be more likely to determine whether you contract an infection or not, than which AV program you use.

DR M

DR M

The Grecian Geek

• Malware Removal
  • 4,107 posts

Dealing with Windows 10 the last years, I see that gradually more people use the built-in Windows Security suite. I use it too, along with the Premium version of Malwarebytes. Both, they work good together, and I feel that they keep my computer (and me) safe. A couple of years ago, Eset Internet Security was my antivirus solution and I was happy with that too. After the license ended, I gave Windows Security a chance, and I am just fine.

As it has been said above it is your choice, and what is best for me may not be best for you. I have to say, however, that there are times where third party of antivirus cause problems in Windows 10. I don't say that as a rule, but I have seen computers running slow because of these programs. I also experienced the difficulty to remove them when something happens and they need to be uninstalled. The remnants may stay forever there, making other programs difficult to get enabled. 

Perhaps you can take a look in the Web, to see comments, comparisons and evaluations. But you are the one you choose, so the best is to try and see. Be careful, however: Do not use two or more antivirus together, since they may cause conflicts. 

Your browsing habits will be more likely to determine whether you contract an infection or not, than which AV program you use.

I could not agree more with the above statement.