Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Acer Aspire stuck in mute; settings/driver are fine

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

Scorpion3

Scorpion3

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Acer Aspire laptop stuck in mute (no sound). I've done it all already; Clicked speaker on taskbar; went thru all that numerous times. FN F8 does nothing. Uninstalled audio, restarted, no change. If I hold the up arrow key, the speakers work. Let it go, and down to zero it goes. Changed drivers. Unplugged battery. You name it, I've done it. Can't find any other app or program in mute. Turned on/off microphone. No change. Went to "sound" a dozen times, and it keeps saying to raise the slider volume. Duh! It won't let me. Just started this 3 days ago. No updates have come in. Device Manager says everything is fine. I need help BEYOND the obvious stuff! 

Note: The sound card and speakers DO work. It just wont come off mute. 

Any NEW ideas would be helpful!!!!

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 7,724 posts

Odd problem,

I would consider a trying system restore before the problem started I think you said 3 days ago.....

Let us know.