Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trying to load Sam's Broadcaster and the Firebird database

• Please log in to reply

Certifiably Blonde

Certifiably Blonde

• PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

My laptop  is an Asus Vivobook Pro with an Intel ® Core ™ i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20 GHz   2.21 GHz ---- 8 GB RAM ---  64-bit operating system, x64-based processor running Windows 10 HOME edition.

After having a HDD FAILURE and having it replaced with an SSD, I am trying to reload my copy of SAM's Broadcaster which involves downloading and installing the Firebird database ( which I have done). 

When I try to install SAM's Broadcaster, the attached is a screenshot of the message I get.  Can anyone please help me with this?

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts

I do not see a screen shot. What is the error message word for word ?

Certifiably Blonde

Certifiably Blonde

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

https://gyazo.com/ce...db0ecf352804105   

Thank you for removing the duplicate, trusted.  Sometimes my hand just isn't that steady.

Edited by Certifiably Blonde, 16 June 2021 - 07:50 PM.

Certifiably Blonde

Certifiably Blonde

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

In my desperate attempts to get SAMs Broadcaster installed and running, I tried using MySQL as a database...with the same result.  What am i doing wrong here?

I followed this tutorial which seemed easy and concise with that same result  -  

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts

I don't know, the tutorial looks pretty good. I would not know what else to say about it....

Any ideas here 

https://support.spac...-Right-Database

Certifiably Blonde

Certifiably Blonde

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

It should be a no brainer...I did download and install MySQL but got the same result so its gotta be some sort of configuration problem. HOWEVER, having said that my former computer and this computer with the old HDD had the same issues and I eventually got it working...how, i have NO idea. lol