Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Home Network Wifi Issues

• Please log in to reply

capper

capper

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

This might be a tough question to answer as I have already tried by contacting my ISP and I didn't get very far with their response.  As a result of extensive ongoing use of smart phones and other devices, I have been forced to cut down on internet use for my kids.  I felt the best way to do this is by controlling their access to our home wifi.  I am the only one who has a hard-wired device in the house.  My ISP has a modem login site where I can locate individual devices and block access anytime.  The problem is that my 15-year old son has found a way to bypass this access block.  So when I go into the site and try to block his access, it will not allow me to save my block settings!  There are other ways to disable the wifi but they create additional problems for myself.  I would prefer to  

Can anyone suggest any ways or ideas as to how I can get this access block to work and overturn whatever it is he is doing?  If you need more details on anything including the ISP, modem, etc., don't hesitate to ask.  I would really like to regain control for the health and safety of my kids!  THANKS.  

Advertisements

DHaney

DHaney

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Hi. I do not know if this would work for you, but I have a suggestion. You can log into the same site that allows you to block a device from your network and simply turn off the wifi broadcast. At this point, the only way to get internet would be through your hard-wired connection. 

Also, try going into your routers settings and changing the access password. This would kick all connections off until they entered the new password.

Hope maybe this helps. Good luck.