Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

One (of Seven) Machine cannot connect to Readyshare drive

• Please log in to reply

rainmaker

rainmaker

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Hello and thanks in advance for the help.

I have seven computers in the house, all running Windows 10 (Home or Pro).  I also have a Netgear Nighthawk R8000 router with a USB hardrive attached for network storage.  I utilize the 'ReadyShare' feature of the R8000 to access the drive.  Six of the computers in the house can access the readyshare with no issue.  The seventh cannot.  It can access other computers in the network no problem, but just not the Readyshare!  (insert swearing here)

I've compared the network settings from machine to machine and everything looks the same to me.  I've enabled SMB, verified the IPV4 settings, etc., etc.  One thing Idid notice is that on the problem machine I cannot run 'gpedit.msc' from the command line....but I think that's a Windows Home thing?

Any other thoughts?  Things to give a go?

Thanks.

~RainMaker

Edited by rainmaker, 17 August 2021 - 05:09 PM.

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts

Hello rainmaker,

Anything here you could have missed about SMB, as might be related to that particular machine .

How to access files on network devices using SMBv1 on Windows 10 | Windows Central