Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Solution to stop OTP and pw resets due to multiple log in locations

• Please log in to reply

oneofsix

oneofsix

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi all! I have an ecommerce business and use many big websites to run it including gmail, amazon, ebay, mercari, facebook, etc. I have two virtual assistants that work for my business, both in the Philippines, as well as two domestic employees (USA). We all need access to all of these websites, sometimes simultaneously. This is causing a few issues.

Even though we are all choosing "remember this device", we all continue to need OTP's, even when I have it turned off requiring OTP's for testing.

The sites also block access to the account all together and require a password reset (ugg...).

One site in particular says they don't allow access from "the region you're in", which is likely because the VA's are in the Philippines.

I have tried using a VPN and having everyone use the same server location so everything is consistent. Clearly they have software to outsmart me as I still have the above issues.

I am thinking that setting up virtual machines on a server at the business location might work, but I have very little knowledge of them and perhaps there is a more elegant solution I don't know exists.

I've spent much time trying to resolve this that it's time for a permanent fix. I will also be adding to the team over time so I need a solution that will be scalable. 

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance! :)

Advertisements