Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Woke up to notice my D: drive is missing helllp

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

EllaMe

EllaMe

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi. I turned on my laptop this morning and went to look for something in my D drive, and found that it was not there. It's completely gone. I've tried everything. Now I need to turn it over to the geeks. Please, please help me find my lost d drive. It has every single thing in it that I own. Online that is.. :D I've been at this all day and I cannot figure it out myself.  Thank you in advance to every one of you who help me.

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 7,798 posts

What make and model is the laptop ?

Is your D drive a hard disk drive or partition or a CD/DVD drive or what?

Tell us everything you have tried so far.

I'll be back later after work...

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,501 posts

Or is the D drive in a USB caddy?

EllaMe

EllaMe

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi. Thanks for your responses. I'm sorry I didn't get back here this morning. It showed back up again late last night. In the morning it was gone, last night it was back. Go figure. Do either of you know how it could have happened, and why it would have been hidden?

My laptop is an Alienware m17. It has 16g of installed physical ram. I have the regular C: drive and an internal SSD that is 1T. I am not sure what else you would want to know about the system information. But all the sudden waking up to my drive being missing was pretty much horrifying for me. I have everything on it. Well today I went out and got an external hard drive. I might even get two, and put everything on both.  :D  

Again, thank you for responding. I appreciate it a lot.

Take care.

You can ask me other questions if you want, or close the thread. I'm just glad it found it's way back home. :laughing:

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 7,798 posts

Very good idea to back up the drive.

C: drive and an internal SSD that is 1T.

So is the SSD the "D" drive ?   Just curious.