Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Notification sound not listed?

• Please log in to reply

GhostLoad

GhostLoad

• PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

I just downloaded a short mp3 and placed it in the same folder location that my current default notification sound is in. When I went to one of my apps to change the notification sound specifically for that one, the newly-downloaded-mp3 isn't listed (but my current-default one is there). Anyone know why one is there but not the other? I'm on Android 11 with my Samsung Galaxy S10+. Thank you for your help.

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,087 posts

Hello,

If you haven't yet turn the phone off and on and see if the mp3 appears after.

If that didn't work I would try re-Downloading the mp3.

All I can think of for right now.

GhostLoad

GhostLoad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Hello,

If you haven't yet turn the phone off and on and see if the mp3 appears after.

If that didn't work I would try re-Downloading the mp3.

All I can think of for right now.

Just restarted the phone, it's still not there. The mp3 works fine, I've tried it on both my PC and the phone, but I'll re-download and try anyways. Could it be some sorta size limitation maybe?

EDIT: Wow total derp moment..... my default notification is in two different folders (one "Ringtone" and one "Notification") so I tried copy/pasting the new mp3 into the other folder, and viola it's on the notification sound list lol. Time to delete them both from the incorrect folder to avoid this blunder in the future! Thanks for your help :)

Edited by GhostLoad, 22 September 2021 - 11:55 AM.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,087 posts

cool,

I was also looking at this

music player - Mp3 not showing in library - Android Enthusiasts Stack Exchange

But I guess you're okay now...