Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Videos not playing correctly

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

jimbir

jimbir

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

After a couple days of use, the videos on sites like Fox News stop playing correctly. They start out okay for a couple of seconds but then switch to a view that looks like they're advancing one frame at a time about one every couple of seconds. Rebooting my system corrects the problem but only for a couple of days. I searched for this problem on GTG and see a lot of results recommending the use of something called "Windows repair tool". Is this safe to use? Is it effective?
    If anyone else can recommend an alternative procedure, I'd sure like to hear from them.

Jim Birke

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts

Try using another browser on fox new videos, and try disabling add blocker if you have one.

jimbir

jimbir

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Sorry for the late reply. I updated Firefox to the latest version, 92.0.1 and since then this problem has gone away. I just wanted to take my time before I posted that the problem seems to be solved.

Jim

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts

Very well then. 

Thank you for using geekstogo for all your computer needs.

zep