Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cyber Security Questions

• Please log in to reply

heeelllp

heeelllp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I saw this question online:

A small company that does not have security staff wants to improve its security posture. Which of the following would BEST assist the company?

It has the answer listed as SOAR but I though you needed a security staff to use SOAR? Seems like the answer should be an MSSP.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts

What is SOAR? Security orchestration, automation and response (SOAR) technology helps coordinate, execute and automate tasks between various people and tools, allowing companies to respond quickly to cybersecurity attacks and improve their overall security posture

MSSP:  Managed Security Service Provider. 

Without more background on where this question came from, I can see why you have questions. 

I would argue with the origin  of the question.  Both can be considered correct.  You can hire an MSSP to assist.  I know several small companies who hired an MSSP to assist them.  I also know they implemented SOAR.  For example automating patching goes a long way to increasing security posture.  There are a lot of assumptions and a big leap just to say "soar" is the best answer. 

iamross04

iamross04

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Can I change my soar date?