Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Google Docs pages disappeared - what to do?

• Please log in to reply

Plutox

Plutox

• PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

I had over several days added text to several pages of Google Docs - all went well and I could retrieve all the previous additions day by day.

Then one day that all just vanished.  How that happened is not so important as is it possible to retrieve it all? For any help thank you.

Win 10 20H2; Chrome 95

Edited by Plutox, 30 October 2021 - 04:08 AM.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Check the "layout" mode. Menu / Display / Layout (left click on it) and everything returns to normal.

Plutox

Plutox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Thank you for responding. As I hadn't checked G Docs for some time I now found that the title of the document was still there and showed several pages but they were all blank - white with Dark Mode on and black with it off. This is really what I meant by the docs 'disappeared' but forgot that detail - my error.

So with that showing  I got to the Layout under 'View' ( didn't see any Menu/Display...) but clicking that did nothing.  It wound seem that the Dark Mode app somehow deleted the text. All other docs are OK with Dark Mode on.

Would that give you a clue to what happened?

Ah, got this back with ctrl/shift/T !!!!

Plutox

Plutox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Thanks for your response. This topic was 2 years ago now (!) but your tip is helpful - thanks.

Edited by Plutox, 24 September 2023 - 05:48 AM.