Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Event 2 - volmgr

• Please log in to reply

Leesie

Leesie

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Hi,

I updated to windows 11 last month on my hp omen desktop. I'm now suddenly seeing Event 2 volmgr errors in the event viewer. (I have a ssd main drive and 2 SATA internals as well). Looks like they start around Oct 27th.

Here's an example:

Failed to read KSR data - disk 1 sector 5f3 operation 0 status c0000225.

There's multiples of Event 2 volmgr with different sectors, usually on boot up. I googled but nothing really turns up. I don't know if an update didn't install right or if it's something else.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Lis

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts

It looks like windows is not reading or seeing something on boot up.

(KSR) Kernel soft reboot. Not sure what this actually means in terms of read/write but that's what that part means.

Some information about the error, perhaps you have seen this.

On your computer screen, you may see one of these error messages:

Status: 0xc0000225 Info: The operating system couldn’t be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors.
Status: 0xc0000225 Info: A required device isn’t connected or can’t be accessed.
Status: 0xc0000225 Info: The operating system couldn’t be loaded because the system registry file is missing or contains errors.
Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. The operating system couldn’t be loaded because the system registry file is missing or contains errors.
Your PC needs to be repaired. An unexpected error has occurred. Error code: 0xc0000225
More…
The error 0xc0000225 on disks that utilize the newer UEFI specification with the GPT partition style is more common than older setups.

Windows can show the error code when Windows cannot find the right system files for booting a computer.

That's what I found from a google search.

Is there anything wrong with the computer operation?

You could run system file scan . See below.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files (microsoft.com)

Leesie

Leesie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Hi Zep,

Sorry for the late reply, been sick the last few days. I'll run system file checker, computer seems to be ok otherwise that I can tell.