Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

App for cleaning cache on a W10 laptop

- - - - -

Best Answer phillpower2 , 21 November 2021 - 07:59 AM

Unfortunately TFC by Old Timer is not compatible with Windows 8.1, 10 and most likely Windows 11, see info here As for any replacement, do you really need one, just be sure to uninstall things... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Several years ago I purchased for $1 an app that did that;it now sits on an old PC no longer operable. I recall it was by "the OldTimer". Can someone please tell me where I can get another copy of that app; or buy an equivalent app? Thank you. .... batpark

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,767 posts
✓  Best Answer

Unfortunately TFC by Old Timer is not compatible with Windows 8.1, 10 and most likely Windows 11, see info here

As for any replacement, do you really need one, just be sure to uninstall things correctly and empty the recycle bin and you should be fine.

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Phillpower2: Once again. Thanks for your guidance. batpark

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,767 posts

You are welcome batpark  :)

There are programs out there that promise to keep your computer operating at its optimum potential by removing unwanted stuff and tweaking settings but you will not see them suggested on any reputable forum, reason being that they tend to break things and then ask for money to fix what got broken.