Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I've Downloaded and have tried to run the programs [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

MsWitch

MsWitch

• Pip
  • 3 posts
:tazz:
Im really not sure what to do? Everytime I try and run a scan it freezes before it finishes at present I have 14 Temporary Internet Files of various different spellings and nearly as many Favorites folders! Things are multiplying fast here and Im completely lost! Any advice that you could give me would definitely be appreciated ;)
Thank you in advance
Sherry

Advertisements

tampabelle

tampabelle

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 6,363 posts
Hi Mswitch,

Please download Hijack This and save it into a new folder c:\HJT.

Run Hijack This and click on scan. Post the log file generated here

MsWitch

MsWitch

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,
Thanks for getting back to me.
I did download Hijack this and have tried to run it numerous times but before it ever finishes, my pc freezes up, I have to do a hard shut down and lose what little information I did manage to gather. :tazz: I've even tried running the online House calls scan @ Trend Micro and didn't have any better luck with that. About the only thing I can run without freezing up is Windows cleanup and and have gotten lucky a time or two with a prog called WT Registry Cleaner XP thank God for that! It's the only thing keeping me from being burried in files. I will keep trying to run Hijack this and will send you the log if I ever make it thru a full scan. In the mean time is there anything else I can do? Is there a program out there that I can run in DOS maybe? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you in advance
~Sherry~

tampabelle

tampabelle

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 6,363 posts
Please download CleanUp and save it.

Reboot the PC in Safe Mode.

Run CleanUp and delete all temp files including temporary internet files. This should free up some space on your hard disk and probably enable your PC to work.

Reboot the PC in Normal Mode.

Try running HJT now and posting the log

MsWitch

MsWitch

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I'll give that a try Ty! :tazz:
~S~

tampabelle

tampabelle

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 6,363 posts
For suggesting anything more than that, I would neeed to know what is the exact problem plauging your PC.

Do the CleanUp.

tampabelle

tampabelle

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 6,363 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with address of this thread. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.