Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Start Menu appears and quickly disappears, Win10 64b

• Please log in to reply

portillos

portillos

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Hi,

For several months I've had this problem:  When powering down my pc at night, clicking the start menu either with the mouse or with the keyboard windows key results in a very brief view of the menu followed by the menu disappearing.  This happens most of the time after leaving the pc on all day.  To power down the pc I have to hit ctrl+alt+del and select the power icon in the lower right.  Sometimes, I can get deeper into the menu, but when trying to select the power icon, the menu again appears briefly then disappears.  Very seldom (perhaps less than 5% of the time) the problem does not present itself.  I have tried rebooting to see if the issue exists when the pc first boots up - but there is no problem in that situation.  It seems this only happens after the pc has been on for many hours.  Maybe this is happening because of a particular program.  This pc is used, typically for watching youtube videos and playing the games fortnite, roblox, and rocketleague.

I don't know if this is malware.  I just need some help diagnosing and fixing it.  I spent some time searching this issue online and tried some recommended fixes, but nothing has worked.

Would appreciate any help geekstogo can provide.

Thanks,

portillos

Attached Files

Advertisements