Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

my hijack this log

• Please log in to reply

dag717

dag717

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Hey.... i ran CWShredder and it didn't catch anything.

Advertisements

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
OK. I officially don't get this one.

I have looked at tenfolds of others with the same problem.
And every solution that was ever tried, we have tried now as well.

For my correct understanding: if you type the complete address (including http:// then you go to the correct site, but if you don't, this /?%20 gets added (where %20 is a space) and you can't connect.

What I would like to know if this only happens at sites where you have to login or at every site?

I would also like you to download ScriptSentry from : http://www.jasons-to.....Script Sentry
Use it to block .vbs and .hta, then try again.

Regards,

dag717

dag717

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Ok.... im not sure I downloaded that last thing right because nothing happened when i was done.

its only certain sites, like cnn. and gmail i can't get into at all. yahoo mail will have problems but when i run ewido, it will be ok for a while. then it messes up again. other sites, like barnes and noble and imdb.com are just super slow and dont seem to load all of the way.

i have no problem with other sites, like this one or playsite. com or my college's email which both require log in.

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
So Ewido cures it for a while?

If it happens again can you please post the Ewido log?
Maybe we can find what it removes that helps.

Regards,

dag717

dag717

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
it only cures the yahoo. it doesn't cure the gmail. ill run a scan and post it for you.

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
OK. Maybe it's our lucky day and I can spot the guilty party anyway. :tazz:

Regards,

dag717

dag717

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
hey.. here is the report

---------------------------------------------------------
ewido security suite - Scan report
---------------------------------------------------------

+ Created on: 11:02:13 PM, 8/16/2005
+ Report-Checksum: 2723410A

+ Date of database: 6/29/2005
+ Version of scan engine: v3.0

+ Duration: 708 min
+ Scanned Files: 164071
+ Speed: 3.86 Files/Second
+ Infected files: 30
+ Removed files: 11
+ Files put in quarantine: 11
+ Files that could not be opened: 0
+ Files that could not be cleaned: 19

+ Binder: Yes
+ Crypter: Yes
+ Archives: No

+ Scanned items:
C:\

+ Scan result:
C:\Documents and Settings\Dori Gardner\Cookies\dori [email protected][2].txt -> Spyware.Tracking-Cookie -> Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Dori Gardner\Cookies\dori gardner@atdmt[2].txt -> Spyware.Tracking-Cookie -> Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Dori Gardner\Cookies\dori [email protected][2].txt -> Spyware.Tracking-Cookie -> Error during cleaning
C:\Documents and Settings\Dori Gardner\Cookies\dori [email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Tracking-Cookie -> Error during cleaning
C:\Documents and Settings\Dori Gardner\Cookies\dori gardner@doubleclick[1].txt -> Spyware.Tracking-Cookie -> Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Dori Gardner\Cookies\dori gardner@imixserver[1].txt -> Spyware.Tracking-Cookie -> Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Dori Gardner\Cookies\dori gardner@tribalfusion[1].txt -> Spyware.Tracking-Cookie -> Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Dori Gardner\Cookies\dori [email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Tracking-Cookie -> Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Dori Gardner\Cookies\dori gardner@zedo[2].txt -> Spyware.Tracking-Cookie -> Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Dori Gardner\Cookies\dori [email protected][2].txt -> Spyware.Tracking-Cookie -> Error during cleaning
C:\Documents and Settings\Dori Gardner\Cookies\dori gardner@atdmt[2].txt -> Spyware.Tracking-Cookie -> Error during cleaning
C:\Documents and Settings\Dori Gardner\Cookies\dori [email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Tracking-Cookie -> Error during cleaning
C:\Documents and Settings\Dori Gardner\Cookies\dori gardner@doubleclick[1].txt -> Spyware.Tracking-Cookie -> Error during cleaning
C:\Documents and Settings\Dori Gardner\Cookies\dori gardner@imixserver[1].txt -> Spyware.Tracking-Cookie -> Error during cleaning
C:\Documents and Settings\Dori Gardner\Cookies\dori gardner@tribalfusion[1].txt -> Spyware.Tracking-Cookie -> Error during cleaning
C:\Documents and Settings\Dori Gardner\Cookies\dori gardner@zedo[2].txt -> Spyware.Tracking-Cookie -> Error during cleaning
C:\Documents and Settings\Dori Gardner\Cookies\dori gardner@advertising[1].txt -> Spyware.Tracking-Cookie -> Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Dori Gardner\Cookies\dori gardner@atdmt[2].txt -> Spyware.Tracking-Cookie -> Error during cleaning
C:\Documents and Settings\Dori Gardner\Cookies\dori [email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Tracking-Cookie -> Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Dori Gardner\Cookies\dori gardner@doubleclick[1].txt -> Spyware.Tracking-Cookie -> Error during cleaning
C:\Documents and Settings\Dori Gardner\Cookies\dori gardner@imixserver[1].txt -> Spyware.Tracking-Cookie -> Error during cleaning
C:\Documents and Settings\Dori Gardner\Cookies\dori gardner@mediaplex[1].txt -> Spyware.Tracking-Cookie -> Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Dori Gardner\Cookies\dori [email protected][2].txt -> Spyware.Tracking-Cookie -> Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Dori Gardner\Cookies\dori gardner@tribalfusion[1].txt -> Spyware.Tracking-Cookie -> Error during cleaning
C:\Documents and Settings\Dori Gardner\Cookies\dori gardner@zedo[2].txt -> Spyware.Tracking-Cookie -> Error during cleaning

::Report End

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
Lets get your protection against cookies up and going.

First line of defense, IE settings:
http://privacy.getne.../ie6/block1and3

Second, download and install SpywareBlaster:
http://www.javacools...areblaster.html

Regards,

dag717

dag717

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
hey... now i can't reboot.. its keeps getting stuck. it takes forever then i get a blue screen

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
Can you elaborate please?

What did you change last and what does the blue screen say?

Regards,

Advertisements

dag717

dag717

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
hi... sorry it took me so long to reply. i haven't been able to log on. when i finally got logged in i got an error message from microsoft.. when i created a report it gave me the following links

http://oca.microsoft...acb7b84a&SID=11

http://oca.microsoft...c2164c3&SID=708

http://oca.microsoft...ce93eb37&SID=10

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
So it looks like a hardware problem.

Did you look at the recommendations given at those URLs?

Regards,